STAGE 1: Somebody’s Child ~ A time of trial, error & growth
STAGE 2: Parent of 1 ~ All about him
STAGE 3: Empty Nest ~ Rediscovering me…and I am ready…almost.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Get to work!


My son has been in college for a month now and he loves it!  He is exploring NY & making so many new friends.  He assures me that he is staying focused also.  lol  As for me, I’ve had my ups and downs.  The downs:  I’ve gained about 10 lbs., pretty much stopped exercising regularly, I’m still unemployed, broke as hell, stuck with my son’s dog and most days I look as if I am going to do yardwork – and not like those fancy ladies with the hats, gloves, button down shirts you see in commercials.   The ups:  My mom is back home, I jumped right into decluttering/organizing 4 rooms and the majority of my closets and I received my B.S. degree in Exercise Science (how ironic).  But after that initial burst of energy, it died down.  

Yesterday, that energy came back and I decided to tackle the largest decluttering project – the office.  It became a packed to the brim storage room for bins, nostalgia and shit I just did not feel like dealing with.  I still have old bank statements & bills from when my son was a tot.  I am a PACKRAT!  If it were not for my OCD, I would be on Hoarders.  I have decided now is the time to downsize. I plan to let go some and do a lot of shredding.  I no longer need to hold onto all of the college stuff sent to my son over the last year because he is in college.  I no longer need all of my notes from college because I now have a degree that says I should know it all.  I must admit, I am going to keep and organize a few binders of it.  Now that the pressure is off, I want to go back and really learn some of the stuff I was supposed to retain from the classes.  

This is going to be a huge project because I am the type to break down everything and put it in separate containers.  I am that girl who has bins labeled paperclips, earbuds, chalk, eye care, candles, etc.  If I can cut everything down to half and get everything in it’s appropriate bin/container, I will be very happy.  I plan to take you all along on my journey of decluttering & organizing – not just my home, but my life.
This week’s plan:
  1. Get Organized – I plan to work all day Saturday separating, discarding & organizing
  2. Get Fit & Cute – Sunday will be a day of working out, shaving/waxing, mani/pedi & doing hair (all by me, of course, because I am broke and very capable of doing all of it)
  3. Get Paid – Next week’s focus will be aggressive job searching & following up, figuring out finances, & maybe selling some of this stuff.
So, now it’s time for me to blast my music & get back to Plan 1: Get Organized.  I will post before, during & after pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment