STAGE 1: Somebody’s Child ~ A time of trial, error & growth
STAGE 2: Parent of 1 ~ All about him
STAGE 3: Empty Nest ~ Rediscovering me…and I am ready…almost.

Monday, August 13, 2012

FC First Day of School


Today is the first day of school for the kids in our county.  My son is still in the bed.  He is too grown for all of that.  No picking out THE outfit.  No laying out the outfit and shoes as if he could just slide in it in the morning.  No first day of school pictures & how was it video.  No need for me to call to correct the schedule because they get it wrong every year.  No racking up on 1 cent paper or 20 cent crayons.  

Instead, I have a young man who calls his college to get his own schedule changed to his satisfaction (no classes Tues. & Fri.) and checks Rate My Professor to make sure he actually needs the books before purchasing.  He is quite independent.  The year of dual enrollment at GSU has really prepared him to be on his own.  They have given him credit for both of his english classes & the government class.  That is 9 credits out of the way before he starts his freshman year!  

Things are changing and I know it’s for the better.  It just does not feel like it today

No comments:

Post a Comment